On January 9th, business leaders, education advocates, and policymakers came together to explore how technology innovations are impacting workforce needs at the Age of Agility Summit New Jersey. The event explored how automation and artificial intelligence are disrupting, eliminating, and creating jobs in New Jersey.
The Age of Agility Summit New Jersey was hosted by JerseyCAN and several local sponsors. JerseyCAN advocates for all students across the state to have access to excellent schools with the goal that every student in New Jersey graduates from high school ready to succeed in college and their career.
The event provided a platform for stakeholders to discuss and explore creative solutions for restructuring the education system to be more rigorous, relevant and modern for ALL students across the state.
Thank you to our New Jersey Partners & Local Sponsors
New Jersey Summit Speakers
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Carl Van Horn, Ph.D., Director, John J. Heldrich Center for Workforce Development
interviewed by Dennis Bone, Director, Feliciano Center for Entrepreneurship, Montclair State University
DYNAMIC WORKFORCE PANEL:
- Martha Delehanty, Senior Vice President of Human Resources, Verizon
- Larry O’Connell, Vice President, Global Technical Leadership & Global TechLine, IBM
- David Turner, Regional Manager, Energy & Sustainability, Siemens Building Technologies
- Michele Alcazar, Vice President Human Resources, Customer Office, Prudential Financial
- Brian Neuwirth, President, Unex Manufacturing
- Sarah Tucker-Ray, Partner, McKinsey & Company
EDUCATION INNOVATION PANEL:
- Senator Teresa Ruiz, Senate President Pro Tempore, State of New Jersey
- Cary Booker, Senior Policy Advisor, Office of Governor Phil Murphy
- Ross Kasun, Ph.D., Superintendent, Lawrence Township Public Schools
- Steve McElfresh, Bloomfield Campus President, Universal Technical Institute
- Daniel Pascoe Aguilar, Ph.D., MDiv, Associate Provost for Experiential Education & Career Development, Drew University
- Patricia Morgan, Executive Director, JerseyCAN