In partnership with Empower Illinois, Everfish, and a variety of local sponsors, America Succeeds hosted the Age of Agility Summit Illinois in Chicago on August 9th, 2018.
Advancements in technology, automation, and artificial intelligence have caused shifts in the workforce, which consequently require a drastic change in how we prepare and educate future leaders. The Age of Agility Summit Illinois helped to address these challenges with specific insights from some of America’s largest corporations, including McDonald’s, Walmart, and ExxonMobil.
Empower Illinois works to expand quality education options for low-income and working-class families of Illinois. The organization has championed a number of policy initiatives including tax credit scholarships for private K-12 tuition, teacher tax credits, gifted and unique learning initiatives, and course equity programs. The Age of Agility Summit Illinois helped to engage additional stakeholders from across the state in their work.
Thank you to our Illinois Partners & Local Sponsors
Illinois Summit Speakers
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: Dr. Gregory Washington, Dean of the Stacey Nicholas School of Engineering, University of California – Irvine
DYNAMIC WORKFORCE PANEL:
- David Fairhurst, Executive Vice President & Chief People Officer, McDonald’s Corporation
- Erik Wilhelmi, Upstream Recruiting Manager, ExxonMobil
- LaShana Jackson, Vice President & Global Head of Talent Management, Aon
- Kevin Thompson, Director of Public Affairs and Government Relations, Walmart
- Jack Lavin, Chief Executive Officer, Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce
EDUCATION INNOVATION PANEL:
- Preston Kendall, President, Cristo Rey St. Martin College Prep
- Catherine Fraise, Executive Director & Founder, Workspace Education
- Tom Ogletree, Senior Director of Social Impact and External Affairs, General Assembly
- Jody Kent, Vice President of Communications and Public Affairs, Universal Technical Institute
- Carly Bolger, Program Officer K-12 Education, Walton Family Foundation